Friday, April 29, 2011

This morning I thought about God

I thought this morning about God.

 

That isn't a strange thing and most would expect that a pastor does that all the time.  But, this morning really I thought about God.

 

Devastation through storms and earthquakes seem to fight for the right to the top news slots.  When one storm gets the top billing another comes and takes the headlines.

 

Prince William is getting (has gotten) married.  The world takes a deep breath and holds it until we can see what people are wearing and who was invited... except the people who just lost everything in a tornado or flood.

 

Gas prices.  Ya, no comment.

 

There are so many people dealing with huge life issues right now.

 

This morning I thought about God.  I entered the room of my soul and sat down to say, "Hi, I need you.  There's too many issues and I feel so out of control."

 

He smiled and said he knew.

 

He was sitting at the table of my imagination writing in his journal.  He set his pen down and looked to my eyes and saw the weight that was behind them.

 

We talked about this weekend and the sermon and the service.  We talked about the emergency that is called living.  We talked about my expectations.  He said he cared about all of it.

 

This morning I thought about God.  Before the day started and I walked from the table of fellowship in my mind I glanced at his journal to see if I could see was what on his mind.

He'd written, "This morning I thought about Dave."

 

I woke to think of God only to find that he was already thinking of me.  He knew about the headlines.  He knew about my concerns.  He knew about... about all of it.

 

Just so you know, I saw a page there with your name on it too.

 

Looking Forward to Sunday,

 

Pastor Dave

 

No comments: