Friday, April 8, 2011

A Few Requests Before Easter

“Lord, it’s getting closer. I can feel the vibrations under my feet. The Sunday when we will gather to celebration the risen Christ is almost here.

I have a few requests for me and the faith family I worship with.

Help us to start early. Celebration of the risen Christ is not reserved for a spot on our calendar. We forget that sometimes. But, will You remind us to live your grace and power before we even get to that day of remembrance.

Help us to find that person. You’ve been working on the heart of a person that needs us to kindly ask them to join us in our journey of faith. You’ve done the ground work and given us the call to join You in the task. Give us the wisdom to follow Your finger as You point them out to us.

Help us loosen our grip. Sometimes we hold so tightly to what keeps us from You. Sometimes we reduce the potentially miraculous to nostalgic emotions. We really need to look higher and dream bigger.

Help us ready our hearts. Preparation is often postponed, because of our patterns and schedules, until it is turned into panic. What should be a faithful growing expectation of You is morphed into hurried half-hearted wishes that our life would be better. We need to take the time to let You ready us for what You long to do.

That’s my prayer, Lord, for my friends and I. That’s the direction my faith is pointed. That’s my hope for the Easter season... and beyond. That’s the prayer while I feel vibrations under my feet.



Love,
Your Friend,
Dave,
Amen.

No comments: