Friday, April 1, 2011

Easter Preparation

missing the point:
easter my friend
i'm looking forward to seeing you again
spring makes me happy
family makes me smile
you're one of my favorite holidays
on your day the songs are upbeat
they make me happy
i'm glad you're coming close
it's good to talk about life
it's encouraging and gives me hope
i'm glad your story is happy
i hope it doesn't rain
you visit us every year
i don't have to plan - you just happen
i like days that make me happy
i think i'll wear my blue suit
 

getting the point:
easter my friend
every year you make me change
a little more like him
death didn't have the last word
you're not just about laughter
you remind me to live power
i can say no to sin like him
stones are made to move
i'm sure it's hard to be reduced
you're not about eggs or arrogance
you have a bigger meaning like him
i need to be reminded
i'm glad you're almost here
i need to start over
i need to stand tall like him
maybe I'll be freed from a grave too 

No comments: