Friday, April 15, 2011

Questions

I have lots of questions about next week.

 

1.  I wonder about which complaint to have ready, "It's too hot" or "it's too cold."

 

2.  We're going to have short times of communion on Good Friday night.  I wonder how many people will come?

 

3.  With gas prices going up, should I buy stock in Harley Davidson (by getting a bike)?

 

4.  Will this Easter be our highest attended service ever?

 

5.  Ham?

 

6.  How many eggs is my wife going to hide for the kids? And, how many peanut butter eggs am I going to steal from my grandchildren?

 

7.  New tie or old?

 

So many questions.  So little value.  It's interesting how most of our questions have everything to do with what doesn't really matter.

 

New questions.

 

1.  Will I hear from God next week as I learn more about how to worship Him?

 

2.  It is possible that I will reach that new place of deeper surrender?

 

3. When I take communion will my heart be hungry?

 

4. On Easter Sunday will I let the truth of a risen Savior call me to new levels of obedience?

 

5. When I leave Sunday will I be different because the Holy Spirit showed up and filled me?

 

6.  How do I get myself ready for the miracle of God's presence?

 

7.  Will I make time to talk to God through the week - asking for Him to reap a harvest of souls in churches across our community on Sunday?

 

So many questions.  Such important answers.  It's interesting how my life questions change as my focus does.  If my priority is God's will the answers I seek will require God's hand.

 

Will you join me in praying for this Easter.  Will you let God cause this week to be a week of passion as we prepare to celebrate the Christ event?  Will you be part of the miracle?

 

 

Pastor Dave

 

No comments: