Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring Thoughts

Rumor has it that Spring is coming. The melt-off one day will be complete, the resulting lake in my backyard will soak in, the furnace will run less, and I will be able to walk around the block again without cleats.

For this Spring I’m thinking of a few things I’d like to do. There’s the standard stuff like, get the yard fixed up, a new roof, new windows, paint the house, replace some carpet, organize the garage, and start a lama farm. But, most of that probably won’t happen. So what will the Spring hold?

1. I’m reading more this year. This Spring I’ve got a few books I’d like to learn from.

2. My neurologist tells me I need to evaluate my schedule and involvement's.

3. I’d like to take a few prayer and planning days in a quiet place.

4. Some ministry gaps need to be filled in.

5. There will be more pieces to the puzzle of our call to grow people put in place.

6. More teaching and equipping tools will be available to people.

7. I’ll say “yes” to God quicker.

I guess the last one is really what a new season is about isn’t it? We have goals and objectives, but the issue really comes down to our response to God’s call on our lives. The “yes” may come from inside turmoil. The “yes” may come through clinched teeth. The “yes” may catapult me into the unknowns that I have tried avoid. But, there will be a “yes.”
This Spring I will eagerly listen for what God is doing, I will push aside my baggage and excuses, and I will let my spirit respond to the Lord with a resounding “yes.”

So, I’m looking forward to Spring - but I’m not waiting till then.

Starting Now,

Pastor Dave

No comments: