Friday, February 18, 2011

Today's Moment

Locked somewhere within the unknown moments of this day is an opportunity that has unique fingerprints on it.  It has not been placed there just to make my life better or to make me smile.  That moment, that I can't see yet, is not about comfort or healing.  That moment is not placed there so that I could feel good about me or have insight to the rest of the moments.

 

Somewhere in this day God has placed a moment of miraculous communion.  It's a moment where I know He has intersected my world - the mundane infused with the supernatural.  It's a moment of obedience.  It's a moment when I will be faced with a choice.  It may be obvious, or it may be more subtle.  But, it will be a moment when I will point my will to God and take a step of obedience with no motive other than to be obedient.

 

Locked somewhere in this day is a moment with God's fingerprints on it... in fact it's filled with them.  I will take them one at a time and be faithful with that one.  Then I will set it down and pick up the next one.

 

The expected cost - everything.  The expected challenge - huge.  The expected result - intimacy.

 

"Lord, forgive us for missing them yesterday.  May today be filled with my awareness of Your fingerprint covered moments."

 

Looking,

Pastor Dave

 

No comments: