Friday, August 7, 2009

Enter Praying

There are times that preparing for a sermon is kind of a breeze. It’s as if the Spirit of God directs your preparation and floods with more content then could possibly be given in the amount of time we have.

Then there are times that… well… aren’t like that.

This is an honest call to those who read these words, no matter what church you attend, to pray for your pastor.

Two prayers to pray before this Sunday –

For Your Pastor -

“Lord, God would You bring a new anointing to my pastor’s spirit. He really needs anointing for discernment to know what is to be taught and what is to be skipped. He needs anointing to overcome emotions that try to stand in the way of truth being proclaimed. He needs anointing to know what matters and what doesn’t. He needs anointing to not be distracted from the words You are placing in his heart.

Protect him from temptation. Give him the strength to say “no” loud when that is Your will, and the power of a supernatural “yes” to whatever builds your Kingdom.

Give my pastor the wisdom to keep a strong marriage and holy relationships. May he know the full joy of having You guard his thoughts and actions.

Help him worship this Sunday. It’s hard to worship in freedom while worrying about what people are thinking. May Your Spirit give him the ability this Sunday to be free without the worry - cause he can’t do both.

Lord, help him be excited about the chance to meet with the Body of Christ again, help him form the right words for us. This Sunday use him to start revival!”


For Yourself –

“Lord, God would You bring a new anointing to my spirit. I really need anointing for discernment to know what is to be received and what to ignore. I need anointing to overcome emotions that try to stand in the way of truth being received. I need anointing to know what matters and what doesn’t. I need anointing to not be distracted from the words You have for me.

Protect me from temptation. Give me the strength to say “no” loud when that is Your will, and the power of a supernatural “yes” to whatever builds your Kingdom.

Give me the wisdom to keep [a strong marriage and] holy relationships. May I know the full joy of having You guard my thoughts and actions.

Help me worship. It’s hard to worship in freedom while worrying about what people are thinking. May Your Spirit give me the ability this Sunday to be free without the worry - cause I can’t do both.

Lord, help me be excited about the chance to meet with the Body of Christ again, help me hear the right words. This Sunday use me to start revival!”

Let’s make a deal – I’ll pray for you and you pray for me.

If you’re not in the habit of prayer, take a few moments and read the ones above.

If your prayer life is kind of weak, take a few moments and read the ones above.

If you’ve been praying – thank you.


We’re entering a unique season as a church and nation this fall. Let’s enter it praying!

Co-laborer,

Pastor Dave

No comments: