Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dead Zones

What are my dead zones?
 
My cell phone will rarely work inside the church office.  If I stand outside the signal is fine, but when I go inside a block building signal bars disappear quicker than the last M&M.  When I am in some places reception is poor at best.  Needless to say this is annoying for the person who is trying to contact me and may have heard me say "Hello" and nothing else.
 
This morning I'm wondering if I have dead zones with the Lord.  Do I have places that my spirit resides or visits that make it impossible for Him to speak to me?
 
I walk in the office of fear and He tries to call me to boldness, but I can't seem to hear what is spoken to my soul.
 
I shop in the aisles of compromise and there are so many voices coming over the intercom that my God signal is broken.
 
I hang out in the hills of bitterness and the signal is weak enough that I am unable to hear the call to healing and wholeness.
 
I get inside the elevator of choices and push the button that takes me to the basement where I know God's voice will not be, but habit holds me tightly to the place where I know about God – even if I refuse to listen to Him.
 
The problem isn't a faulty design or a weak signal, the problem is that I spend so much time in the places where I know ignoring God's voice will be the result.
 
For this to be the Greatest Summer Ever in my spiritual life I must hear from the Lord.  I must refuse to be places where I know the "reception is bad."  You were designed to hear from your Creator – listen.
 
What's God telling you?
 
Avoiding Dead Zones,
 
Pastor Dave

No comments: