Friday, October 25, 2013

It's Time to Wake Your Thanker Up!

I was thinking about a message for our sign at the church. With Thanksgiving around the corner I wondered if maybe it was time to remind people to be thankful, but I want to say it in a way that was not… normal.

"It's Time to Wake Your Thanker Up."

The picture of this made me smile. In my mind a see a high school student that has to be ejected out of bed to start the day on Monday morning. With grunts, groans, and pleas for "Five more minutes" the day begins knowing that it may not be until second period that this student will notice where they really are.

Sound familiar?

I wonder, if our thanker is like that? If we start now will our thankful spirit be awake by the week before the eating-football-watching day?

We might start out groggy but we'd be in full stride by Tuesday knowing that Friday marks the beginning of another year of gratitude hibernation.

What if we didn't let our thanker go back to sleep this year?  What if gratitude somehow became the rhythm of the dance of life? What if I spent a year looking deep in my spirit and found a place of genuine thanksgiving that poured out verbally on those I come in contact with?

Idea: Today we wake our thankers up and teach them to see people and situations differently.

Idea: Spend the next month exercising our thankers.

Idea: Don't let them go back to sleep.

Thankful,
Pastor Dave

 

No comments: