Friday, October 18, 2013

Invisible

Dave: Lord, I had breakfast this morning with a pastor friend. We sat there long enough that I realized if we had been driving in a car the same amount of time we could have hit the state line. It didn't seem that long. I enjoyed our visit. It was fun to share stories about how we're seeing you move and discuss how we could get out of your way so that you could move more freely. I've been thinking about my visits with you. They don't seem to last that long. It's hard to talk when one of us is invisible.

The Master: I've been trying to get you to understand that you've been invisible for a while.  Your mind seems too distracted.

Dave: Um… I was talking about you. I can carry on a conversation with someone on the other side of the table. It's more difficult to have a conversation with someone whose seated at the right hand of the Father.

The Master: Have you ever talked with yourself?

Dave: All the time… usually not out loud.

The Master: How did you sit across the table from you and have that conversation?

Dave: I didn't have too. That's different.

The Master: You have thoughts and dialog in your spirit all the time. I'm asking you to include me in them. Let me be part of the stream of thoughts that run through your mind. Let me speak to you through my Word. Let me walk with you through the halls, run with you in the field, and dance with you when you celebrate. I am only invisible when you don't include me.

Dave: So can I talk with you about my fear of….

The Master: I'd love to have you talk with me about that. Stop being invisible and we could spend a lot of time together.

Dave: OK, here goes. Lord, I know that you have a lot of grace, but I'm afraid that…


Excuse me I'm having a conversation here,
Pastor Dave

No comments: