Friday, October 7, 2011

Three things I know about being lost. ‘Cause I’ve been there.

1.  Awareness of limitation
I don’t know everything or how to get everywhere.  I am limited in my knowledge.

2. Increase of passion
When I am not where I should be my intensity increases and that usually increases the weight of my foot on the gas pedal (which people with lights on the top of their car are not fond of).  Getting where I belong is less of a leisurely drive and more of an emotionally engaged search.

3. Focused vision on the destination
When I am lost I become very focused on the confidence of knowing where I am going.  My eyes are eager to find signs and landmarks that will point me to the right place.  I long for the completion.

Three things to know about being lost in the love of God.
1. Awareness of limitation
I can’t work hard enough or be good enough to cause love to happen.  I am very limited and must be aware of where the Source is unending.

2. Increase of passion
I am most passionate in my desire to respond and be with God when I am most aware of the love that He is and has.  There is a sense of eagerness in my spirit when I know I am surrounded by love.

3. Focused vision on the destination
When I am lost in the love of God my spirit is very focused on the God of love.  I know where I am going.  My decisions and actions are different.  I am on journey and I know it.

I’m thinking this morning about the two ways of being lost, one of them is miserable and the other is healing.  Two different types of being lost, one reveals my humanity and the other teaches me about spirituality.

I intend to get lost today - guess which one I hunger for.

Getting Lost,

Pastor Dave

No comments: