Friday, October 14, 2011

Files



Page One:
I have a file that I put manuals and users guides in. Probably most of us do. They are labeled; dishwasher, refrigerator, furnace, washer, dryer, television, grill, miscellaneous house stuff, and others. The truth is I never look at the manual after it's put in the file. The files are the black hole of information that I couldn't use if I wanted to. If I need the electrical schematic of my oven I could get it - but I don't know how to read it anyway. I just keep it.

What is interesting to me is when I hold on to manuals of something that I don't have anymore. If I have the desire to read about the Sears dishwasher we had two dishwashers ago I could. You never know when useless information will be valuable (never).

The other day I cleaned out my files. What I don't own anymore I don't need to know how to maintain.

Page Two:
I have a file that I put mistakes and sins in. Probably most of us do. They are labeled; husband, father, employee, boss, student, Christian. The truth is I always go back to them to review what I have asked God to forget. The files are the black hole of information that I can't do anything about. If I need to dwell on that time I lost my temper I can pull it out and carefully remember everything about that event in exaggerated form - but I don't know how to undo it. I just keep it.

What is interesting to me is when I hold on to mistakes and sins that I don't have anymore. If I want to dwell on something that I've given to Christ two million times I can. You never know when old information about a forgiven sin will be healthy (never).

The other day Jesus offered to help me clean the files of what He had already erased the print from. He told me that what I don't own anymore I don't need to maintain.

Page Three:
Clean files are a good idea.

Thankful,

Pastor Dave




No comments: