Friday, July 29, 2011

Here’s a thought

Events don't have to dictate my thought life.

 

When events drive my thought life I am subject to dramatic change within moments.  In fact, a 30 second news clip could own me for days, a word from my boss could change the direction of life, the accident could claim my mind when the random is promoted over the eternal.  Events should not be given that power.

 

To be sure, all events are not to be trivialized as if they don't matter.  But, nor should they be promoted so that they can claim authority over the atmosphere of my mind.

 

Suggestions:

1. Look at the rut your mind has been in and trace that rut back to the event that started to dig the rut.

 

2. Invite God to be part of the event so that you can hear his heart again.

 

3. Let him show you truth that may have be overlooked or ignored.

 

4. Start digging a new rut based on that truth.

 

5. Be sure the journey takes you to the presence of Christ.  If it doesn't, it's the wrong rut.

 

 

Colossians 3.1-2

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

 

 

Digging,

 

Pastor Dave

 

No comments: