Friday, June 18, 2010

Why I’m excited about summer

It’s time for a Dave list.

Why I’m excited about summer:

1. Some people, including me, will grow in the Lord.

It’s not about a building, a vacation, or a celebration - I’m thinking about being closer to God.

I’m thinking about the kind of thing that will not change with a Presidents pen or politicians promise.

What makes me smile right now has nothing to do with “success” or comfort.

This is not about the right person doing the right thing so that I will be happier.

Knowing who to blame for an oil spill or it’s clean up isn’t registering on my “wow-o-meter.”

I am excited about those of us who will:
Cross lines with the Lord that He has been asking us to cross,
Stand for something that matters for eternity,
Let go of what has held us captive,
“Taste and see that the Lord is good,”
Swim in the refreshing pool of anointing,
Put away arguments that weaken our impact,
Say “forgive me,”
and follow Christ with abandon.

Ya, that’s it. That’s my list of one. Right now I’m excited about supernatural transactions that are taking place, and will take place, this summer.

Oh, how I want to be one of those growing people - will be be one with me?

Excited,

Pastor Dave

No comments: