Friday, March 27, 2009

Thoughts of Spring

I was thinking this morning about some things I want to do this Spring (assuming someday it really is going to be Spring and not a warmer winter).

List One:

I would like to buy a Harley and cruise the East Coast.

I would like to jump out of a perfectly good airplane (with a parachute).

I would like to plant grass that is always green but doesn't grow.

I would like to have the wisdom of a 60 year old and the energy of a 6 year old.

I would like to go to England for a year, but only be gone for a week.

So far I haven't hit on anything that has much possibility of being in my future (except maybe the parachute thing…).  So, maybe it would be better to think of a few things that I really could do this Spring.

 

List Two:

I would like to meet some new friends - I enjoy meeting new people.

I would like to meditate on some words from the Bible that God has just for me.

I would like to take walks with Jesus and let him teach me more about him.

I would like to see people come to know Jesus in a personal way.

I would like to be there when some decide to fully surrender their lives to Christ.

This Spring I would like to watch and participate in a miracle.

The second list seems to be more of what matters.  So, assuming that we have not frozen our planet in a perpetual semi-winter that will last for years, assuming all the snow really will melt (even those little dirt covered piles that I want to take a can of gasoline and a match to), assuming that Spring will bring new life and new opportunities – I'm going to focus on things that are like those on the second list.

Go ahead, make a list.  God's up to something this Spring!  Let's be ready!

Loving Today, Looking to Easter,

Pastor Dave 

No comments: