Friday, January 30, 2009

Answers

 
In last week's Friday Thought we had to be honest enough to acknowledge – we don't know everything.  While it's true that we serve a God who does, He's not going to share most of it with us.  Somehow knowing that God knows everything and I don't doesn't make the pain of what I don't know go away, does it?  We are left to wander through this life not knowing more than we know.  But, I was thinking about a few answers I do have.
 
Today I did a funeral for a man who lived his life without ears that work like ours do.  I know that a physical setback, although it may cause strife on this planet, doesn't hinder someone's entrance to heaven.  That's about faith in Christ.  I can answer questions about that.
 
I had a meeting last night about the future of the East Michigan Conference of the Free Methodist church.  I don't know about the direction, or the plans we are making, but I know the real need of our churches.  Somehow it's more spiritual than we would like to admit.  I can answer questions about that.
 
I've had a handful of very encouraging appointments this week.  God is on the move in those who will give Him the right of way.  Lives are being changed and homes are being rebuilt.  If someone wanted to know if God was moving at all – I can answer questions about that.
 
Sometimes people think that pastors are exempt from having wounded hearts, overloaded minds, and exhausted bodies.  They are supposed to have a direct line to God so that in any moment of weakness an angel comes and performs c.p.r. on their spirit instantly so they can be all things to all people.  Ya, I can answer questions about that too.
 
Everyone has opinions, but what do you know?  What do you know about God?  What do you know about you?  How does that knowledge impact your life?
 
Job 19:25
I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
 
Psalms 20:6
Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand.
 
2 Timothy 1:12
…I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.
 
Spend Your Life on What Lasts,
Pastor Dave

No comments: