Friday, August 15, 2008

How would you describe Jesus?

Bold enough to be honest. Gentle enough to be loving.
Strong enough to believe. Aware enough to ask for assistance.
Humble enough to stay back. Wise enough to know when to stand up.

He was honest, but honesty can be as destructive as lies when it is not bathed in love.
He was strong, but he knew when to get alone with the Father and get filled.
He was humble, but that doesn't mean he sacrificed being holy on the altar of anonymity.

How would you describe your faith in Jesus?

"My faith is like my great grandpa's broken fiddle – priceless but useless."
"My faith is like my Bible – powerful but dusty."
"My faith is like hot fudge – enjoyable but unhealthy."

Too often faith is somehow detached from how we live as if what we do and what we think aren't related. Here's a life question to chew on – Shouldn't my description of Christ and my description of my faith be harmonious? The problem is I tend to underestimate Jesus and overestimate my faith. So, I misrepresent both.

May your next few moments be honest looks at both your view of Christ and the faith you are living.

Sunday is a call to have faith in the love of God that is shown through Christ. If you have time read 1John 3:11-24 and get a glimpse of God's love and that loves impact on me.

Loving the sunshine, wishing I was driving the east coast in a convertible, trying to concentrate even though I'm not, trusting that God can work through my distractions, asking God to increase my faith,

Pastor Dave

No comments: