Friday, April 4, 2014

Letters

Dear Jesus,
It's almost Easter again. Do you think that this one could be different? I've gone through a lot of them. I wonder what it takes to make this one different somehow. I'm not bored, really I'm not. I love the season of death turning into life, it's very important and I know that… I'm just kind of hungry for more than a day on the calendar.
Love, Dave 

Dear Dave,
I would love for this Easter to be different for you! This day is about so much more than a holiday on the calendar. Yes, lets have this one be different. What did you have in mind?
Love, Jesus

Dear Jesus,
Well, I was thinking maybe you could do something really cool, something that is CNN kind of stuff. The kind of thing that would go viral in a day. Maybe… what if this Easter you showed up and everyone in the whole city was healed. I'm talking hospital emptying miracle! How do you feel about fireworks without the fireworks? Think about it- what if there were spontaneous explosions in the sky filled with color, not because some guy lit a fuse, but just by your power.  Oh! You could make the explosion have a message like, "I Am Alive!"
Love, Dave

Dear Dave,
No.
Love, Jesus

Dear Jesus,
Please Jesus, there's something in me that really wants this season to be different. I really want you to show up and do something that will get everyone's attention.  Think of the good it would do. What if you parted Lake Michigan and your followers could cross to Wisconsin? You could do so much more with this day!
Love, Dave

Dear Dave,
Rather than me making the season different with a gimmick, how about if you made the season different with surrender? Consider this - I've already made the day, it doesn't need to be added to, it just needs people willing to let it be real in their lives, the day needs you to let my power do a miracle in and through you. I don't need CNN, I've got you.
Love, Jesus

Dear Jesus,
Oh. 
Love, Dave 

Dear Dave,
This Easter could be so much more. Let my story change your life. Let truth set you free. Let my victory give you hope. Let passion for me spill into the world around you. Let yourself be changed. Yes, this Easter could be different, but it's not about me doing something different - it's about you letting me be who I have always been… in you. 
Love, Jesus

Dear Paul,
I want you to know I love your letters to the churches, I've really gotten a lot out of them. I'm working on making this Easter different and I wondered if you could help me with something. How would you feel about doing an interview with CNN? I really want this Easter to be special. Can you part water?  Would you…

No comments: