Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Thoughts

Sometimes I sit and hear from the Lord on what to write.  Sometimes I pull from the experiences of the week.  Sometimes I'm flat out silly and just feel like blowing off a little tension. Sometimes my soul sits in a quiet and dark room and I have no idea what to say.

I've done too many funerals and not enough baby dedications and baptisms this year.  

Maybe it's better to address what I know rather than what I feel.   

  • I know that there is a Redeemer. 
  • I know that I'm never alone. 
  • I know that most of what doesn't make sense - doesn't have to. 
  • I know that God doesn't have the same questions about me as I do about Him. 
  • I know that God's love for me isn't dependent on my understanding of life's events. 

I don't always have to feel faith to keep it.  I don't always have to have answers.  I don't always have to see the hand of God or feel it to know that it's still nearby.  I don't have to see Him to worship Him.

Grace,

Pastor Dave

   

No comments: