Friday, November 30, 2012

Preparations

How much energy do you spend getting ready for the Christmas holiday?

The list includes (but is not limited to): decorations, food, gifts, cards, vacations, family, housework, wardrobe, traditions, that little sign that says, "He's the Reason for the Season."  There's so much to do.

I guess what I'm wondering is, how much energy and planning do I give to my relationship with the One I am celebrating on the 25th?

Events require energy, and I'm not saying that's bad.  I'm just thinking about how I turn my world upside down for events and have a hard time finding the energy to invest in my walk with God.

If I were to have lunch with you and ask you, "What 5 things you're doing to be ready for Christmas?" how quickly could you spill them out?  If I were to have lunch with you and ask you, "What are 5 things you're doing right now to grow in the Lord?" how would you respond?

In fact, I'll just ask it - "What are 5 things you're doing right now to grow in the Lord?"

Merry Christmas,

Pastor Dave



No comments: