Friday, September 14, 2012

Reminded

This week I went to the dentist on Monday, the optometrist on Wednesday, the infusion center on Thursday, and I have an appointment today (Friday) to investigate damage to my rotator cuff.

I liked Tuesday.  I didn't visit a Dr. of anything.

As a result of this week of reality I have come to the conclusion that I will never get a contract to be a professional pitcher, quarterback, or trick water skier.  I also now know I will not be a fighter pilot.  This is a hard realization for me.  The dream is fading.

This calls for rethinking the future.  In the absence of a 100 million dollar sports contract I will have to change my retirement plans of buying an island.

Facts:
I will not throw a football 85 yards or a baseball 130 miles per hour.
I will not be a trick water skier in shark infested waters.
I will not fly F14d Super Tomcat fighter jet.

But apart from those things, I still feel my life has reason.  I have a lot to do that doesn't involve me having to be 30 years younger, 20 pounds lighter, perfect vision or more feeling in my legs.  I get to follow Christ today!  I get to know his grace and empowerment!  I get to be his hands and feet, and maybe even his voice in someone's life!

All the Dr's can give me is good news or bad, but today I am a follower of Christ. That's worth more than throwing a football 85 yards, pitching a baseball 130 miles per hour, doing a triple summersault behind a boat, or flying a jet at mach 2.

Jesus loves me, this I know.
For the Bible tells me so.

What's a silly dream that you've given up?
Do you ever need to be reminded of your value?

Reminded,

Pastor Dave

 

No comments: