Friday, September 21, 2012

Looking Ahead

Birthdays and anniversaries are funny things.  I suppose people look at them in different ways, but for me they cause me to look ahead more than behind.

Leah and I just celebrated 30 years of marriage.  We talked most about the new season of life we are entering.

Not long ago I celebrated my %#th birthday.  There was a lot of thought put into the future.  There have been moments of reminiscing and remembering, but not a much as looking ahead.  Events are good adjustment times.

The Midland Free Methodist Church was formed in 1912.  This year is our 100th birthday.  There are no big parties planned. There is not a big trip down memory lane.  The best way to celebrate is to look ahead.

This is not to minimize the importance of the past.  I'm grateful for the handful of people 100 years ago that had a passion for Midland, and the countless people who have invested their lives through good times and bad.

But, it's time to listen well and look ahead.

Eager,

Pastor Dave


No comments: