Friday, March 23, 2012

Dear God

Dear God,
Easter is my favorite time of year.  I love Spring.  It's a great season for sports.  It's fun to get outside again.  People are happier in the Spring; it's like Christmas without the snow.  Thank you for Easter.
Your Acquaintance, Dave.

Dear God,
Thanks for your note.  I understand that Easter is about more than Spring.  I think this Easter I'd like to be a better person.  I think I'm going to do something holy that I normally wouldn't do.  Do you have any ideas?
Your Pal, Dave

Dear God,
Thanks for your note.  Do you have any other ideas?  I was thinking more along the lines of baby steps, like reading my Bible more or inviting someone to church again.
Your Buddy, Dave

Dear God,
Thanks for your note.  Wow!  I knew Easter was about your Son coming to life but I didn't realize it had that much impact on me.  You're saying that the power that brought Christ back from the dead is the same power that brings me out of sin and into a new life that is fully surrendered to you?  If that's true than Easter is huge!  It's more than history - it's life!
Your Friend, Dave

Dear God,
Thanks for your note.  Victory isn't something I think of much in my spiritual life.  It belongs in sports.  It belongs in politics.  It even belongs in arguments, but I haven't thought much about how you have planned for my victory over what holds me back. I didn't realize I was trying to live a defeated Christian life.  I didn't know that there was no such thing.  This is a different year.
Your Servant, Dave

Dear God
Thanks for your note.  Easter is my favorite time of year!  I love the reminder of Christ's power at work in my life!  I love knowing that he was willing to give his life for my sin.  I love the thought of him standing outside of an empty tomb proving to the world that you have more power than sin and death.  I love the fact He invites me to a relationship with you so I can know that power both now and forever!  Thank you for Easter!
Your Follower, Dave

 

No comments: