Friday, September 2, 2011

Supernatural

I'm reading a book by G. Campbell Morgan that was written in the early 1900's. This morning I found myself camping on these words, "Supernatural is an awkward word; it will become obsolete when we have more light. If we could climb to the height where God dwells, things we call supernatural would be perfectly natural…."

That made me think about the moment when I will step from this side of eternity to the other. It made me think about God. I made me think of how little we know in the midst of our "understanding."

I've known peace during moments of turmoil. If the elements of my situation were to have been put in a life blender and mixed together the flavor, texture, and taste would not have been peace. But… I had it. It was somehow supernatural.

I've known strength during times of weakness. There have been times my physical, spiritual, emotional tank was like three day old leftover Thanksgiving turkey - dry. I had nothing to give. And yet, at just the right time something (Someone) filled the reserves of my soul and the miracle of perseverance happened. It was somehow supernatural.

I've known confidence during seasons of brokenness. When my spirit was fractured by outside sources and I questioned everything about me. When I searched for value in me and what I've done and came up empty. When I didn't find hope. Somehow I was reminded Whose child I am. When I remembered God's love for me brokenness was revealed as temporary, and a deep, foundational, mountain-like confidence erupted and grew. It was somehow supernatural.

Peace. Strength. Confidence. When I taste them here it's supernatural. It's an interruption of the normal. That taste is a finger of an eternal God leaving a print inside a limited universe. But….

There will be a day when I will swim in what I now know as a drop. There will a day when what is a miracle will be life. Not a humdrum "normal" that is bored with abundance, but an awe filled celebration of the Father's full provision of what I long for now. When I walk into a land whose calendar has one page on it labeled "forever" what is supernatural now will become natural.

Until then - I'm am His.

In faith,

Pastor Dave


No comments: