Friday, January 28, 2011

10 Things I Need to be Reminded of -

  

10. Spring has not been canceled.  I looked ahead on my calendar to make sure it's still on there.  It is.

  

9. There is such a thing as thing as too much hot sauce on a taco.  I am being reminded of that right now.

  

8. The Kingdom of God is not about buildings.  A new office doesn't excite me as much as a new Christian.

  

7. I don't make the rules about what is sin and what is not.  I asked God if I could, He said that He's already got that covered.

  

6. Blessing comes in unique ways.  I called a friend today to encourage him.  He encouraged me more than I him. 

  

5. Kids can teach you neat things. Example: Cheese balls really are fun and good.  In fact I think they are a vegetable (orange = carrot)  - they go great with meat.

  

4.  We need to lighten up.  Ya, there's bad things going on in the world.  Ya, there's profound hurt being carried around.  But, faith/joy shouldn't be buried by headlines.

  

3. There will always be things we don't understand about each other as a church - but we can still love each other.

  

2. Prayer works.  It's about more than just getting answers, it's about learning to be like Jesus.  He believed in talking to the Father... me too.

  

1.  Jesus does the saving.  We do the living.

  

Living, 

Pastor Dave

 

No comments: