Friday, February 5, 2010

A fly on the wall

Have you ever heard the expression, "I would have loved to have been a fly on that wall?"  The point is that something took place that we wanted to be part of, or most often just listen to.

Problem: Originally I think the fly came from Egypt.  They don't even understand English!

Problem: My luck – someone would see me and just before they started talking about what I wanted to hear and squash me.

Problem: Flies never seem to be able to leave a room.  I'd hear the conversation, not understand it because I only understand Egyptian, then I'd find a window, bump into it three thousand times, fall on the window sill and get all stiff- I'd never get to tell anyone what I heard. 

Somehow I don't think that's a good saying.

But, I was thinking about being an English speaking fly on my office wall this week.  You would have loved it. 

It would have been great to hear the conference calls I was part of as we discussed some really exciting things for the East Michigan Conference of the Free Methodist Church.  There are some great things happening – even if some are hard.

It would have been a blast to listen to some of the plans for new ways we will be able to do and live ministry as we get closer to Spring and the building project.

It would have been fun to hear as someone talked about the future and how excited they are to be part of the church and what God is doing.

It would have been a blessing for you to hear the conversation about the person who is experiencing a peace in their heart for the first time that is changing their countenance and outlook.   

It would have been interesting to watch the pastor dig through the Creator's love letter and find more verses than could possibly be used and watch the Holy Spirit whisper in his ear.

 It would have been unique to hear about some trials that are resulting in growth and a new confidence in God's plan.

You would have seen a great big smile as the pastor read another testimony of how God is using the Unifier as a tool to bring people together.

It would have been a good week to be an English speaking fly on the pastor's wall.  Sunday I'll be glad I'm not a fly on the wall, I am created in God's image!  I want to worship God and hear His Word.  I'm excited about being a Dave in the chair!  That's how God made it!

Coming to Church Ready for a Soul Miracle,

Pastor Dave  

 

 

 

No comments: