Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Thoughts

This Friday Thought is done in my bedroom with a blackberry that has keys the size of ant toes!

 I'm looking forward to spending the afternoon having a blast with my snowblower, hanging out with my family while we drink coffee, play games, and watch movies- after I finish the sermon!

I'd like to send you a Christmas prayer for this season. Please receive this as more real than a "wish," this is what I am asking my God for you on this day.

"Maker of both sun and snow, Lord of the weather and the people who experience it, I ask that You would bless my friends this season with a moment of You when they least expect it.  For some it will be a moment of conviction, for some a moment of healing, for some a moment of hope, for some a moment of distraction from what haunts them, for some a moment of much needed tenderness, and for some a moment of profound intimacy.

Lord, would you bless them with a moment that is real enough to remember and a touch that is deep enough to change them.  May the result be a heart that is closer to You and a smile that is obvious to us.

May this be a 'merry Christmas' because of what You do not what we do.

In the name of the Child, the Man, the resurrected King, and the Coming Lord-Jesus. Amen."

Believing,

Pastor Dave


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T


No comments: