Friday, October 17, 2008

101 things I like

I wondered if I could do this at a time when pessimism is common and grumpiness is in style.  It was kinda fun.

101 things I like (don't try to evaluate the order)

1. Seeing something new in the Bible.

2. Watching God do something new in someone

3. My Wife

4. Blackberry Pie

5. Convertible Corvettes

6. Traverse City

7. A fire in the fireplace on a snowy day

8. When I know that what I just said was Spirit given

9. My daughter's giggle

10. My Christian heritage

11. When my car is clean

12. Surprising my wife

13. Remembering family game nights

14. Laughing until I cry

15. A movie with both romance and action

16. When I put on a pair of pants and find a twenty dollar bill in the pocket

17. Kogel Vienna Hotdogs

18. Walking

19. Going somewhere new

20. When it's really quiet at home

21. Listening to talk radio

22. Listening to someone tell a God story

23. Doing Weddings

24. Hearing a word from God

25. Hillsongs worship CDs

26. Jazz

27. Eating leftover Chinese food

28. Listening to my wife sing

29. The taste of bacon

30. The smell of bacon

31. Our dog Zoe

32. Looking at the mountains (think Colorado Springs)

33. Teaching about church history

34. Meeting a new friend

35. Playing Wii

36. Watching my mother-in-law play Wii

37. My Grandkids

38. The smell of cut grass

39. Bugs Bunny Cartoons

40. Par 3 golf

41. Ted Dekker books

42. Washing Dishes (sometimes)

43. French cuff shirts

44. Getting snowed in

45.  Joking with my son

46. When someone tells me about their faith journey

47. Worshipping with a group of people

48. When commercials are funnier than the program I'm watching

49. Playing euchre with my family

50. Reading a William Law book

51. Taking a nap on Sunday

52. Remembering when I didn't have Vista on my computer

53. Having dinner with my parents

54. Being grateful my sister didn't kill me when I was in grade school

55. Black decaf coffee

56. Having fun with the body of Christ

57. The smell of a clean baby

58. Exaggerating

59. Harley Davidson Fat Boys

60. When I fix something… and it works

61. My wife's soup

62. Thinking of a different way to say something by writing it

63. Writing something in a different way than I would say it

64. Hot tubs

65. Famous Dave's

66. Hearing from an old friend

67. My favorite picture of my daughter as a baby

68. Learning a new song

69. The thought of Politician's being held liable for lies

70. When a Dr. says, "I can't believe this, but I don't see what we saw…"

71. Imagining I'm not a church person and putting a message on the sign that I would think about

72. Talking with Leah about our favorite memories

73. Faith

74. Being able to admit I don't have all the answers

75. Remembering when my kids thought I did have all the answers

76. Hawks

77. Eating a good steak medium rare

78. Imagining what revival would be like

79. Looking back and seeing how I've grown

80. Our staff

81. When I meet someone that knows someone I know

82. Good news

83. The feeling of unity

84. Knowing what matters and what doesn't

85. When my boss tells me I'm doing a good job

86. Talking with a neighbor

87. Spiritual Freedom

88. When the underdog team wins

89. Camping on a verse until God sends me to a different one

90. Eating dinner at an expensive restaurant

91. The words "infralapsarianism, supralapsarianism and sublapsarianism"

92. Praying with someone

93. Waking up feeling refreshed

94. When it's really not my fault

95. When someone tells me I'm like my dad

96. Being able to visit with cousins or extended family I haven't seen in a long time

97. Going to sleep when I'm really, really tired.

98. Messing with the stereotypes of a non-church person

99. That feeling of expectation when I go to church

100. BLT Pizza

101. Kissing my wife

So, have you ever made a list of 101 things you like?  I wonder how being aware of some of those things could impact our life and the lives of those around us.  Anyone could make a list a mile long (I like to exaggerate #58) of things that bug us.  Live grateful.

I think I'm going to go to church this Sunday, I'd love to see you there!

Pastor Dave  

 




2 comments:

Chuck said...

I like it!

I appreciate your blog, and you. Thank you for sharing.

Anita said...

Very interesting list! I just read it to Jerry. Thanks for sharing it with us. I might come up with my own list...