Saturday, January 19, 2013

s;; o jsbr yp fp od nr pnr ogg!


A while ago I was logging a quote from a book on my laptop.  The laptop sat on my lap (‘cause… it’s laptop not a shouldertop), the book sat open on the arm of the chair, and I typed as I read.

When I finished the paragraph I looked back to the screen… it was’t what I expected.  My fingers were not on the “home keys” when I started.  I realize this might not make sense to the thumb driven text world, but for those of us to sat through Typing 101, “home keys” are a big deal.  Missing them changed everything.  Example: “All I have to do is be one off,” becomes, “s;; o jsbr yp fp od nr pnr ogg!”

This causes problems on many levels.  Spell check had no idea what to suggest.  Musicians can transpose a key up as they play, but it takes a lot more work to transpose a  “key” to the left as you read.  I had completely lost the intent of the original words.

S;; o jsbr yp fp od nr pnr ogg!

The distance of less than an inch changed everything.  All I have to do is be one off.  

Followers of Christ that are one off send a messed up message too.  They are trying to be like Christ, but there are just being like a person who they admire.  They are trying to worship Christ, but they are worshipping the church, Christmas, the cross, or even the Bible.  They are trying to control their temper, but controlling other people is as close as they get.  They are trying to sin less, but they are not trying to stop doing the sin.

All I have to do is be one off and my message is intelligible.  

Please understand that I am not ignoring grace or expecting us to be flawless.  I am calling for us to consider are our spiritual fingers on the “home keys” of Christ?  Are we starting with an accurate view of him?  Are we learning of him?  Are we living as he called us to live?  It’s about Jesus.

One off and Jesus becomes Krdid, and Krdid won’t help any one.  

Follow,

Pastor Dave   


No comments: