Friday, November 11, 2011

I Was Shocked

#1  I was shocked at how rotten it was.  As soon as I saw it I made a decision that something must be done right a way.

In my home office the windows have "window quilts," an insulated material that unrolls over the window forming a pretty tight seal.  I couldn't tell you the last time I pulled the quilt up and looked out the small window behind my chair.

When I heard wind I thought maybe I should.  I was shocked.  The window is falling apart.  I had no idea.  I just never checked.

Please don't feel the need to drop me a line about condensation accumulating over time and the need to let more air get to the window.  The thing is, I just didn't have the need to open that window or look through it.  So it stayed covered.  Because it was covered I really didn't think about it.

#2  I was shocked at how rotten it was.  As soon as I saw it I made a decision that something must be done right a way.

There's a place in my attitudes that I have sealed quite tightly.  I really don't need to deal with it because it's not obvious.  In fact I never let it show.  It hides behind the fabric of religion so effectively that it remains unseen.

In my quiet times I can hear it, but nothing really needs to be done because it's hidden.  If it's hidden and no one knows about it - it's unimportant.

Please don't feel the need to drop me a line and tell me how I should have known better.  I know that rotten attitudes spread and soon the soul is unable to keep the effects of storms or the cold out.  It's covered so I just didn't think about it.

#1  I have replacement windows on order and a contractor to install them.  We'll start with the upstairs this year because it's quite expensive.  It turns out there's a problem with more than one of the old windows.  As we go to a new winter season I'm looking forward to having better windows.

#2  There are replacement attitudes available and I have a Contractor to install them.  It's no easy task to replace attitudes. The Contractor I work with is equally licensed for both demolition and installation.  Turns out He found more than one attitude that needs replacement.  As we go to a new season of growth I'm looking forward to more protection from the elements and a greater level of warmth.  It's a very expensive job, but the Contractor told me He would cover the cost.

It's going to be a warmer winter.

Pastor Dave

 

No comments: